Re: Proposal for LC73/LC75n (multiple interfaces for a service)

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> You do realize that the cleaner syntax you proposed is isomorphic
> to the serviceGroup idea syntax right?

Syntax-wise, yes. Component-wise, no, since I'm not proposing to
introduce a Service Interface component with first class status.
It also helps that I didn't use the word "resource" anywhere.

BTW, I missed that f2f, but the pictures [1] sure look impressive!

> I gotta think about your proposal (and consult the other 186K
> technical employees of IBM) before I can respond.

Take your time...  ;-)

> I am however a bit disappointed that one person can make a well-
> publicized critique of WSDL and that that gives sufficient ground
> to re-open an issue we belaboured over for so long. Sigh.

Actually, the proposal has been brewing for a while. Every time that
I tried to explain the alternatives to people (i.e. splitting a web
service in n "services" to fit the WSDL model, or creating a giant
derived interface), they didn't look happy, to say the least.

> Also, we'd be going back to WD (I would absolutely insist on that;
> this is a fundamental change) ==> at least 6 more months? Sigh sigh.

If it helps, I swear I'm not readying a proposal to reintroduce message.  ;-)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/05/wsd-pics/dcp_4975.jpg

Roberto