Re: HTTP chunk-encoding

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 01:39:58PM +0200, FABLET Youenn wrote:
> There isn't a unique error mechanism implemented by all servers to say
> that they do not support this encoding (error code 400, 411, 500 seem to
> be used today).

If it's an HTTP 1.1 agent, then it MUST support the chunked transfer
encoding.  If it doesn't, it should advertise itself as an HTTP 1.0
agent (assuming it meets the minimum requirements of one).

I would expect that any HTTP 1.0 agent receiving an HTTP 1.1 message
(chunked or not) would fault with a 505 response.  But I'm not very
familiar with deployed HTTP/1.0 infrastructure.

Mark.