Re: Proposed resolutions for issues 146 and 150

On Mar 22, 2004, at 11:34 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> +1 for changing the semantics of #any to mean "any element" instead of
> "any stuff you want."
>
> That's very consistent with the design of WSDL; we support XSD and
> GED declaring stuff with element= and others can do their own thing
> using extensibility.
>
> How can anyone argue against it? ;-)

Sorry to dip in on this discussion sorta randomly (and confusedly; I'm
traveling again :))

When I brought up the various issues about alternative type systems,
etc., it was made very clear to me that the element attribute could
only refer to elements (as too the element component property). I
suggeted that giving a way to refer to simple types would be a good and
useful thing, and I still believe that *but* the model of how to do
this, as strongly impressed upon me by the group, is to define a new
attribute and component property.

(Unless I'm not at all tracking what's this discussion is about. If so,
never mind.)

While not necessarily thrilled by this, it does seem to be the settled
will of the group (and certainly how I've read the spec).

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.