Re: Proposed resolutions for issues 146 and 150

I find the current syntax nice and readble in three of the four cases:

   1)  element="myns:Foo"
   2)  element="#none"
   3)  element="#any" (where "#any" means "any element")

It's the fourth case, i.e.
   4)  element="#any" (where "#any" means "anything, any kind of content")
that is problematic.

I'm actually having second thoughts on conflating (3) and (4).

I think that Umit has a point when she says that by adopting (4) we've
moved away from an element-based content model representation.

Moreover, given that some bindings might have restrictions on the
allowable payloads for a message, it seems important to distinguish
between (3) and (4). Otherwise an application written to the abstract
layer of WSDL will feel authorized, upon encountering a message
definition which specified element="#any", to pass arbitrary content
around, including content of a kind that will be systematically rejected
by the binding in use. Then we'd fall back again in the trap of writing
applications to a specific binding rather than to the abstract interface.

Roberto