Re: features and requiredness

Down to your specifics: one option would be to do as for namespaces, the
lower layer value overrides the higher level value. However, this looks
quite complicated and unnecessary.

What about simply raising an error? This would be simple, and quite
consistent with our inheritance model (everything allowed, but error
upon conflic).

What do you think?

JJ.