Re: Issue 66: How to represent the equivalent of hypertext links?

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:19:49 -0500
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: "WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Jonathan,

Yes, this is covered by R085 and I used Sam Ruby's requirement when I
proposed a solution. Recall that I allowed the case of using XLink hrefs
to point to endpoints. The group opted for supporting only using the
<service> element to package endpoints. See [1] for an example using XLink
which satisfies Sam's requirement.

You can close the issue and point to the service reference solution.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-2003-04-22.html

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063
intranet: http://w3.torolab.ibm.com/DEAB/

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
03/12/2004 03:58 PM

"WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Issue 66: How to represent the equivalent of hypertext links?

This issue [1] appears to be asking for service references.  I believe
we have already dealt with this topic in part one, and recommend closing
this issue.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.h
tml#x66