Re: WSDL Import/Include Locations

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:30:10 -0500
To: ygoland@bea.com
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:28:01 -0800
"Yaron Y. Goland" <ygoland@bea.com> wrote:

> Let's say that I have a WSDL namespace FOO that is defined by two
> different files, A & B. File A includes File B.
>
> I now want to define a WSDL namespace BAR and I want to use components
>
> that are defined in namespace FOO. One could imagine an import
> statement of the form:
> <import namespace="f:oo" location="http://example.com/fileA"/>
>
> However it turns out that one of the components I want to directly
> reference is defined in file B. Per section 4.2 in part 1 I can't
> directly reference any components in file B unless I import it. So now

I'm sorry, but this is incorrect.  You've confused include semantics and
import semantics.  An include is equivalent to concatenation (or
insertion, more precisely) of the included file with the including file.

The restriction on visibility has only to do with import.  If namespace
FOO imported namespace BAZ, then importing namespace FOO into namespace
BAR would not make the components in namespace BAZ visible to BAR.
However, in the case that you give here, all of namespace FOO is visible
to BAR, regardless of which files include what other files.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis
Architect/Principal Engineer