Re: features & properties: anywhere or only selected places??

Liu, Kevin wrote:

>I don't recall the group has ever agreed that F&P can appear under <service>. What's the use case for that?

I am making a proposal and agreeing with Sanjiva that we should not be
restrictive. Typically, we are not restrictive in our specs especially
for things that are extensions to the model.

>It's only a few days to our last call, how many of us in the group are confident that he/she fully understand how the WSDL F&P things work. Am I the only one worrying? Since Feature and property are such an important area, I am very concerned that we are making WSDL unnecessarily complicated while only provide a partial solution.

That is the whole point, in order not to provide a partial solution, we
should not put restrictions and extend it to the service element. The
use case is very simple. Instead of applying a particular feature to a
specific binding, it may apply to all endpoints in a service. If I were
to publish an OperationName feature,  it could easily belong  to a
service element as to indicate that it applies to all the endpoints.

</snip>

>Best Regards,
>Kevin

--umit