W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > March 2004

Agenda, 11 March 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:06:08 -0800
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA202DA813B@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0021.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Jeffrey Schlimmer, David Orchard, Ingo Melzer,
      Dale Moberg, Paul Downey, Jeff Mischkinsky, Hugo Haas,
      Bijan Parsia, Allen Brookes, Jerry Thrasher, David Booth

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Feb 26th telcon [.1]
  - Joint meeting with XMLP [.2]
  - FTF Wed, Thu, Summary [.3, .4, .5]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0243.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0006.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0038.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0039.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0040.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-09-18: Marsh to review the QA operational
                      guidelines.
?         2004-01-08: Pauld to write up examples of schemas for the
                      Primer.
?         2004-01-28: Philippe and JMarsh will look at the ipr for 
                      test suite.
RETIRED   2004-01-28: Sanjiva to consistify the @name attributes.
DONE [.2] 2004-01-29: David Booth to suggest improvements to the 
                      spec clarifying "WSDL processor".
?         2004-01-30: DaveO to write up a proposal for augmenting 
                      schema information to enable versioned data.
DONE [.3] 2004-01-30: Umit to write a proposal on @wsdlLocation
DONE [.4] 2004-01-30: Hugo to draft a note for the group around 
                      safe operations.
?         2004-02-12: DaveO to produce a refined proposal for Asynch 
                      HTTP binding addressing the concerns of folks 
                      that object to leaving replyTo info out of WSDL.
RETIRED   2004-02-12: David Orchard to produce a specific example of 
                      the kind of specification improvements he
                      envisions.
DONE [.5] 2004-02-26: Paul volunteers to enumerate options for
indicating 
                      version.
RETIRED   2004-02-26: DavidO to clarify where the combined version URI 
                      would appear and how it would be used.
RETIRED   2004-02-26: Glen to merge discussion on Issue 120 and produce 
                      updated proposal 
EDTODO    2004-02-26: Editors to adopting the diff in Gudge's proposal
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0232.html) 
                      along with the two additional words to 
                      Section 3.2. (#143)
EDTODO    2004-02-26: Editors to rename the message property to 
                      "element" (#142).
EDTODO    2004-02-26: Editors to clarify wording (#122).
DONE [.6] 2004-02-26: Paul and Asir to review the SOAP Data Model 
                      Schema.
EDTODO    2004-03-04: Editors to add back the WSDL Component Designators

                      back to the spec as SHOULD.
EDTODO    2004-03-04: Editors to incorporate the above proposal to issue
79.
          2004-03-04: DBooth to propose specific changes needed for 
                      processor conformance text.
EDTODO    2004-03-04: Primer Editors to include best practices and the 
                      Schema group to review the best practices 
                      language.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to clarify the spec to say that
wsdl:required 
                      attribute means that a feature must be understood 
                      and it must be engaged.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to clarify that the strongest value of the

                      @wsdl:required attribute wins.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to add clarification text with regards to 
                      issue 121.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to write in the spec the wsdlLocation
global 
                      attribute proposal along what has been done for 
                      xsi:schemaLocation
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editor to add optional Boolean "safe" attribute to
                      interface operation, corresponding property in 
                      the component model.
?         2004-03-05: DavidO to notify TAG about our decision.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to further clarify the spec to make clear
that 
                      all operations must be bound.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to clarify the spec to say that its ok to
have 
                      bad imports but if during QName resolution you 
                      can't find something then it fails like any 
                      other qname resolution issue.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to update draft to say that include will
fail
                      early.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to add text saying two imports with same 
                      import/@targetNamespace is legal]
?         2004-03-05: GlenD and Sanjiva to come up with a proposal for 
                      consistent naming between identifiers (@name) 
                      and references (@xxxRef?)
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to clarify that if an optional extension 
                      (i.e., an extension not marked as required) is 
                      not understood it MUST be ignored. Any not 
                      understood extension attributes MUST be ignored.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors (namely Gudge and Roberto) to update the 
                      schema and the spec accordingly.
EDTODO    2004-03-05: Editors to change spec to require absolute URIs
and 
                      indicate that comparison must be done 
                      character-by-character as per TAG finding.
DONE [.6] 2004-03-05: Asir will send comments to list.
?         2004-03-05: Jonathan to send a note to XMLP, asking them for 
                      volunteers for editors.
?         2004-03-05: Editors of media type proposal to give Jonathan a 
                      list of open issues.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0234.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0257.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0246.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0014.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0025.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTFs
     - May 19, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
       May 20, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM 
         (possible task force meetings in the afternoon)
       May 21, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
     Hosted by IBM in NYC [.1]
  b. Charter renewal - everyone needs to be reappointed [.2]
  c. Handling Privacy [.3] review
  d. Membership change: Software AG leaving the working group.

[.1] TBD
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Feb/0033.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0119.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns (dormant)
 c. Attributes (dormant)
 d. Media type description 
 e. QA & Testing
  - Response to comments on QA Spec Guidelines [.2]
  - Implement QA Operational guidelines? [.3]
 f. Schema versioning

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0000.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0074.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Endpoints and QNames (Ugo) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0242.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 112 New headers/body style? [.1]
  - Awaiting compromise proposal from Glen [.2] and David O. [.3]
  - Scheduled for next week.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x112
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0053.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0010.html
  
------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 115 Improving on-the-wire conformance [.1] 
  - Needs approval of wording as it appears in the spec.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x115

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 135 WSDL Specification readability [.1]
  - Review proposal for example changes from David O.  If not
    available, close issue and reopen during if example appears.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x135

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 151 Reference attribute name consistency [.1]
  - Awaiting proposal from Glen and Sanjiva
  - @label -> @messageLabel (Sanjiva) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x151
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0031.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 146 Should WSDL be able to describe an operation with 
    *anything* in the message? [.1]
  - Left off FTF agenda.  Determine interest and get volunteer to
    develop a proposal we can adopt next week.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x146

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 150 Indicating empty bodies [.1] 
  - Left off FTF agenda.  Determine interest and get volunteer to
    develop a proposal we can adopt next week.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x150

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 152 Importing the targetNamespace [.1]
  - New issue from FTF.  How should we process?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x152

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. HTTP Binding [.1]
  - Diff marking for latest revision.

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-bindings.
html#_http

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - Two formulations at [.2, .3]
  - STATUS: Awaiting proposal from DavidO.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0192.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0195.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 32: Support for SOAP 1.1 [.1].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x32

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
  - Jacek's synthesis [.5].
  - Awaiting description from Philippe showing how properties or
    extensions can be used to annotate the WSDL with RESTful 
    properties.  Ask Mark for a definitive list of those properties 
    so we can consider how to associate them with property URIs or 
    namespaces.
  - Marking WSDL operations as "safe" (DaveO/TAG) [.6, .7]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0104.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0021.html
Received on Tuesday, 9 March 2004 20:06:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:30 GMT