W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > June 2004

Agenda, 1 July 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:12:22 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA204197E5A@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "Web Services Description" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[We'll go for 2 hours again if necessary.]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Jun/0050.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Adi Sakala, Jean-Jacques Moreau, Umit Yalcinalp,
      Igor Sedukhin, Dale Moberg, Paul Downey, Hugo Haas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - June 24 [.1] 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0257.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to include in the primer an example 
                      that uses MTOM.  (Issue 72) 
?ED       2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate Hugo's full potato 
                      proposal.  (Issue 54)
?ED       2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                      include discussion of how to generate an 
                      accepts header from schema annotations 
                      conformant to the media types extension 
                      document, and to use outputSerialization 
                      based on that information.  
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to add ednotes to the spec to 
                      indicate areas that had contention.  (Issue 
                      190)
?         2004-05-21: DaveO to write up a scenario to motivate path
                      creation on a per-operation basis.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-27: Editors to add http:faultSerialization 
                      attribute.
?         2004-05-27: DaveO will write up better description of 
                      this issue (189).
?ED       2004-06-10: Editors should correct issues 208, 213, 
                      215, come back to WG if there are any 
                      questions.
DONE [.2] 2004-06-17: alewis to champion 197.
?         2004-06-17: jmarsh to draft proposal to make wsdl strings 
                      refer to xml 1.1 and clarifying note.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editor action to check that multiple style 
                      values are allowed.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to adopt Mark's proposal for 216, but 
                      reword using MUST.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate editorial fix addressing 
                      issue 222.
DONE [.4] 2004-06-17: Mark come up with a proposal for extension 
                      property namespacing.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate proposed resolution for 
                      223 and 224.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate David Booth's clarification
                      in section 8.3.
DONE [.6] 2004-06-24: Jacek to repackage XMLP LC comments and send 
                      them to the XMLP group on WS-Desc's behalf.
?         2004-06-24: David O will update his proposal for adding 
                      async capability.
DONE [.3] 2004-06-24: Editors to add f&p in services and endpoints,
                      and message reference, fault reference, and 
                      binding message reference components. 
?         2004-06-24: Editors to synchronize specs, schema, 
                      pseudo-schema on where f&p can appear.
?         2004-06-24: Editors to incorporate Jonathan's resolution 
                      to issue 160. 
DONE [.5] 2004-06-24: DaveO to re-present useOperationWebMethod 
                      proposal. 
DONE [.5] 2004-06-24: DaveO to re-present webMethod syntax issue. 
?         2004-06-24: Editors to fix media-type reg frag id link, 
                      per 209.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0297.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0267.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0292.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0288.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0261.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.1], registration [.2].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.3]
     - November (West Coast) 8-10 webMethods Sunnyvale, CA.
  b. WSDL 2.0 Last Call game plan [.5]
     - 2 hour telcons again next week.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0109.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0108.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Namespacing component properties (Mark) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0292.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 135: WSDL Specification readability (editorial) [.1]
  - Proposed resolution from Yaron [.2]
  - Postpone? (DaveO to champion?)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x135
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0059.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 158: Setting HTTP headers in the HTTP binding [.1]
  - Postpone? (DaveO, Glen to champion)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x158

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 159: Messages with mixed Body content or multiple element 
               content [.1]
  - Do we want this facility?  If so, we'll action someone to suggest
    a syntax.  If not, we'll close the issue.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x159

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 168: Which operation [.1]
  - DBooth revived the thread at [.2]
  - Analysis at [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x168
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0112.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0300.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 189: Binding message content to URI [.1]
  - Awaiting issue explanation from DaveO.
  - Postpone?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 195: Property value merging [.1]
  - We have a property composition model [.2]
  - We don't have a language that helps navigate properties [.3]
  - Postpone?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x195
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html?cont
ent-type=text/html%3B0charset=utf-8#Property_composition_model
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0040.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 197: Don't override interface feature requiredness in 
               binding [.1]
  - Amy's proposal for @fixed [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x197
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0297.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 210: Refine equivalence algorithm [.1]
  - Mark's proposals [.2, .3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x210
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0195.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0199.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 211: Omit interface message in binding? [.1]
  - Mark's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x211
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0194.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 218: Justify interface faults. [.1]
  - Paul's proposal [.2]
  - Mark's ed suggestion [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x218
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0219.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0276.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
Leftovers:
------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - WG in favor of adding such a MEP, with some expressing a desire
    that this be as lightweight as possible.
  - Revived proposal [.2]
  - Postpone?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0287.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. webMethod issues:
  - Issue 169: Syntax for webMethod - property or attribute? [.1]
  - Issue 229: useOperationWebMethod proposal [.2]
  - DaveO's proposal [.3]
  - Postpone?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x169 
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x229 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0288.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue 214: Refine "properties" terminology [.1]
  - Intractable? [.2]
  - Mark's suggestion [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x214
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0234.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0270.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue 219: Actual value vs. normalized value [.1]
  - Change actual value to [normalized value]?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x219

------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue 220: Document interface extension semantics [.1]
  - Need concrete proposal - suggest deferring.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x220

------------------------------------------------------------------
22. Issue 225: Non-XML type system extensibility. [.1]
  - Mark's revised proposals [.2]
  - Roberto's preferred text [.3] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x225
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0174.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0169.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Issue 112: New headers/body style? [.1]
  - AD feature proposal (Dave, Glen, Yaron) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x112
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0225.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
24. Issue 177: Normative dependence on XML Schema 1.0 precludes 
               XML 1.1 [.1]
  - Concrete proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x177
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0258.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
25. Issue 212: Explain using bindings across all operations [.1]
  - Mark proposes closing with no action.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x212
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0198.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
Remaining open issues:
- (ed) 208 Misc. editorial comments 
- (ed) 213 Refine component model property constraints 
- (ed) 215 Clarify rule obviation 
- 227 Description of Binding Operation component 
- 228 Should f&p be allowed in more places? 
- 230 {label} vs. {message label} 
- 235 Definition of Fault 
- 231 Clarify "patterns" 
- 232 Differentiate our MEPs from underlying protocol MEPs 
- 233 Dynamically override Fault destination? 
- 234 Ruleset terminology 
- 226 Cross-binding HTTP features 
Received on Wednesday, 30 June 2004 15:12:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:31 GMT