RE: Issue 169: Propose http method in the operation interface to simplify http binding.

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:46:01 +0100
To: <mark.nottingham@bea.com>, <alewis@tibco.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, <dorchard@bea.com>

> I see this as EXACTLY equivalent to putting RPC "style" information
> into the interface; all we're doing here is putting Web "style"
> information into the interface.

so a criteria for putting information into the interface is "an abstract
concept shared across multiple bindings". I think Dave's proposal
satisfies that WRT being shared, but maybe the name "webMethod" is
too overloaded and not abstract enough for some (Amy)?

> This requirement could be satisfied by defining a few new
> "RESTful" style attribute URIs; e.g.,
> style="http://www.w3.org/.../GET". However, that's syntactically ugly
> and unnecessary, which brings us back to issue 217.

i'd agree it would be ugly, but would a change in syntax from
style="list of URIs" to lax extensibility be "good enough" to keep
the webMethod down inside the bindings?

Paul