RE: Issue 130: Asynch request/response HTTP binding needed

Let me make sure I understand your +1, and Tom's.  Do you agree that we
should add an async pattern, though note that it requires an extension
to provide addressing information, or that since we can't provide such
an addressing mechanism we should not do the pattern at all?

A further question on how this would impact the spec: As I understand it
the In-Out pattern has nothing that precludes async.  I don't think our
SOAP/HTTP binding itself prohibits this either.  So are we talking about
a new SOAP MEP, a peer of the SOAP Request-Response Message Exchange
Pattern [1] and it's binding to HTTP [2]?  If so that doesn't seem like
a trivial task, nor one that could or should not be defined outside the
3-part WSDL spec.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#singlereqrespmep
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#soapinhttp

On
> Behalf Of Sanjiva Weerawarana
> Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 8:53 AM
> To: Tom Jordahl; 'David Orchard'; 'Web Services Description'
> Subject: Re: Issue 130: Asynch request/response HTTP binding needed
>

> +1 .. with sadness, but not for the lack of extra work.
>
> Sanjiva.

Simply