Re: Comments - WSDL 2.0 Message Exchange Patterns

From: Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:19:22 -0700
Cc: "Amelia A Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
To: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>

What "generate a Fault" means in a SOAP context has always been
confusing to people outside of the WGs; we wrangled over this for a
while in XMLP, had to explain it to new people constantly, and ended up
needing to clarify it in WS-I as well. I have a strong motivation not
to add to the confusion.

What do you think about "propagation"?

On Jun 16, 2004, at 8:18 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> I like the current wording of fault generation rules .. I think its
> clear enough that it is generated and that what happens beyond that
> is unspecified by design.

Office of the CTO   BEA Systems