Re: Comments - WSDL 2.0 Message Exchange Patterns

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:08:11 -0700
Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 2004, at 8:49 AM, Amelia A Lewis wrote:
> > I'd like to take the latter suggestion as an editorial, if that suits
> > others.  It means fewer changes, and qualifies as editorial, I think.
>
> Fine by me.

Request to Jonathan: please call for approval of an editorial change to
part two clarifying the term "pattern" as proposed by Mark Nottingham.

> Hmm. Anything but "generation." Does "transmission", when used in a
> description context, really imply success?

I dunno, I think so.  Can we get other folks to state preferences?

> Fault occurrence? Instantiation?

Could we just say "fault rulesets"?

I don't think the two of us can necessarily solve this.  The problem:
"fault generation" may clash with the same term used, with differing
meaning, in the SOAP specification.  Is that a correct statement?  In
which case we may need a different term, if this potential clash is seen
as confusing (because it looks like the same concept but is different).
Is it really true that "fault generation" in SOAP means something
different?

Proposed solutions so far: fault transmission ruleset, fault occurrence
ruleset, fault instantiation ruleset, fault destination ruleset, fault
ruleset.

Could others perhaps respond with preferences for any of the above
(including "fault generation," if you believe it to be appropriate)?  It
would be nice to get feedback that would allow a clear solution to be made
without eating up teleconference time in linguistic wrangling.  Much as I
admire cunning linguists, the teleconference is not the place for such

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.