RE: Issue 225: accommodating non-XML data models (proposal)

From: Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:37:25 -0400
To: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Amy wrote in response:
> Hmm.  13 instances of "{element}", 27 of "element declaration".  Harder to
> count instances of "element" attribute information item.  But this AII is
> associated with XML Schema, is it not?  Do we *really* need to change it?
> Again?  The element AII appears in faults and in messages.  In messages,

I would not be in favor of resolving issue 225 by make the kind of change
that Mark is proposing.  It strikes me that this could have a major ripple
effect throughout the specification at a very bad time.

It also seems that changes like these make the spec much more obscure for a
use case that has not been proven to be a requirement.  Didn't we (or the
architecture working group) define a Web Service to specifically include
XML?

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development