Issue 212: Generic operations (proposal)

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:43:21 -0700
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

As explained in issue 212 [1], I think it would be valuable to allow
the description of a "default" binding operation component for a
particular endpoint, if the binding information is the same for many or
all of the operations that it implements.

To enable this, I propose the following specific changes:

- Add the following to 2.1.11, after the bullet list:
"""A Binding Operation component without an {operation reference}
property is to be considered the default Binding Operation Component
for that Binding component; that is, it will be used by any operations
in the interface that does not have a corresponding operation reference
in the binding."""

- Add to the following sentence:
"""This includes Binding Operation components without an {operation
reference} property; i.e., there may be only one such Binding Operation
component in a Binding component."""

  - In 2.1.12, change:
   A REQUIRED ref attribute information item as described below...
   An OPTIONAL ref attribute information item as described below...