Re: Indicating element nodes that must be optimized with XOP

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 07:48:30 +0200
To: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Cc: Herve Ruellan <herve.ruellan@crf.canon.fr>, www-ws-desc@w3.org
* Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org> [2004-06-03 07:23+0200]
> I had assumed that this limitation in XOP was only applying to
> intermediaries: they may receive an element which is not in canonical
> lexical representation; if their job was for example to XOP-optimize
> the SOAP message, then they would not be able to.

Actually, that's not only intermediaries. The line I was trying to
draw here, assuming I got this right, was getting the Base64 blob from
somebody else (intermediaries are in this case, as well as certain
applications will be), or having the application generate it, in which
case it had a choice in the representation.

I hope it's clearer.

Regards,

Hugo

--