Re: Indicating element nodes that must be optimized with XOP

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:41:31 +0200
To: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Cc: Herve Ruellan <herve.ruellan@crf.canon.fr>, www-ws-desc@w3.org
* Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com> [2004-06-01 10:25-0700]
> Regarding your "XOP-optimization required" value, what would the
> behavior be in the following cases?
>
> 1) The run-time value of the element is not in canonical lexical
> representation (so that, according to XOP, it cannot be optimized)
>
> 2) The XOP machinery decides not to optimize the element for its own
> reasons (which is consistent with the XOP Processing Model).

Well, that's a good question. I guess that if I am a service provider
and have decided for some reason to enforce the use of XOP and the
optimization of an element node transmission, and for some reason a
service requester agent cannot do it, then maybe we just won't talk to
one another, and I won't process the request.

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C