Re: help with incorporating operation name v3 proposal (issue 168)

At 02:10 AM 7/27/2004 +0600, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>I'm trying incorporate the wording that we came up with during the May
>15th telecon:
>
>[[
>If GEDs are NOT unique, then the WSD MUST somehow indicate, as
>a mandatory extension, what mechanism is required to
>determine the interface operation component.
>]]
>

>I'm unclear where to incorporate this. . . .

How about at the end of section 2.2.1?  I don't think I have all the
spec-ese right here, but how about adding something along the lines of the
following:
[[
Operation Name Mapping Requirement.

The following requirement is intended to ensure that a received message can
be uniquely mapped to a corresponding wsdl:operation.

Consider all Interface Operation components specified in the {operations}
property of that Interface component.  Further consider all Message
Reference components specified in the {message references} properties of
said Interface Operation components.  Further consider all said Message
Reference components that have the same value for their {direction}
property (i.e., either the token "in" or the token "out").  If the {message
content model} property of any of these Message Reference components has a
value of "#any", or if more than one of these Message Reference components
has a value of "#none", or if the top level elements of the XML element
declarations specified by the values of the {element} properties of these
Message Reference components are not unique when considered together, then
either:

(a) the {features} property of the Interface component MUST contain a
Feature component, having a wsdl:required attribute with a value of true,
that unambiguously identifies the mechanism that a message sender is
required to support in order to enable the message recipient to
unambiguously determine the name of the wsdl:operation that is intended to
be associated with the received message; or

(b) the "element information item" for the Interface component MUST contain
an extension element (i.e., an element that is not in the wsdl: namespace),

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard