RE: Issue 189 proposals:

We made a decision, which I disagreed with but am still trying to live
with in spirit and in wording, that the URI could contain information
that was in the body, but the URI could not contain information that was
not in the body.

The 2 cases where part of the data that is in the body may also need to
go into the URI, but the entire element should be serialized, are PUT
and POST, where there is a body and serialization into the URI.  The
point is that there are 2 aspects of serialization for these: the
serialization into the body and into the URI.

GET and DELETE have only a serialization into the URI, but they can also
do with truncating the instance data.  In this case, then the same type
could be used for GET/PUT/POST/DELETE operations.

Imagine where there is an Artist with an ID element, and the ID element
is the unique identifier (and damn it, we should allow attributes for
this case!!).
<Artist><ArtistID>5</ArtistID><stuff/></Artist>

I may want to PUT a new artist using ArtistID 5, ie PUT /Artist/5.  This
is something like location="/Artist/{ArtistID/}.  Same holds true for
POST, where the client could be suggesting that /Artist/5 is the URI for
the new artist.  The body of these would be the entire Artist element.

I may want to GET the artist or delete the artist, and the same location
value would hold true.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Cheers,
Dave