Re: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:15:38 -0700
Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm with Jim. I think operations are an illusion. All they are is a
> *WSDL level* construct for grouping messages in an exchange. The fact
> that when using RPC style the messages exchanges are typically In-Out
> with different input and output messages for each operation does not
> mean that all message exchanges look like that.

Big +1

As others have said on this subject, if someone wants to place some
details of how they are performing dispatching in the WSDL, that's fine;
I'm not opposed to an optional feature or extension of that sort.

I'm strongly opposed to mandating this, because I've had to deal
frequently with customer-generated WSDL for which such a required feature
would be meaningless.  Failing to deliver what the [potential] users of
the spec require strikes me as a Really Bad Idea.

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.