Re: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:03:05AM -0700, Martin Gudgin wrote:
> > Nothing but interoperability problems can result from such an
> > approach,
> > IMO.
>
> I don't see any such problems. The WSDL tells you what messages the
> service accepts and what messages the service emits.

Exactly.  Information required to understand the semantics of the
message is in the WSDL, and not in the message; that's the definition
of non-self-descriptive.  I'm sure I don't need to tell you how
interoperability is detrimentally affected by a lack of
self-description.

> I'm not pretending there is no operation.

Sorry, I didn't mean to address that comment to you specifically,
Gudge; I don't know what you believe in this respect.  But there are
others here who do believe that.

Mark.

  Seeking work on large scale application/data integration projects
  and/or the enabling infrastructure for same.