Re: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:33:40 -0400
To: Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com>
Cc: 'WS Description List' <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

+1.  The type of service this is meant to describe is an architecturally
abhorrent one to me, since it's objective appears to be to remove
important self-descriptive features from messages for no apparent gain.
Nothing but interoperability problems can result from such an approach,
IMO.

If you want to send messages without operations in them, the operations
have to be implicit via some bit in the message, e.g. the TCP port.
There's *always* an operation.  Pretending there isn't one by removing
it from the message only makes things worse.