RE: Issue 169: Propose http method in the operation interface to simplify http binding.

Sanjiva wrote:

> So what does GET on mailto:sanjiva@opensource.lk mean? I don't see
> how you can make such arbitrary application of the HTTP verbs
> to any old URI and expect it to make sense .. if you explain the
> above try DELETE mailto:sanjiva@opensource.lk too!

same as SOAP "getStockQuote" with an endpoint of
mailto:sanjiva@opensource.lk <mailto:sanjiva@opensource.lk>  - i.e. it doesn't make much sense.
Not all interfaces can be bound to any arbitary transport/serialisation
combination.

The "method" name semantics lie in the domain of the service publisher, along
with those of the "operation" name.

> In other words, we don't need @safe anymore .. we already say that
> @safe=true MUST means its safe and no information is given otherwise.

We still need "safe" since an operation using a POST method could be safe
e.g.HTTP/ SOAP getStockQuote.

I still beleive it /could/ be useful to say safe=false for those of us daft enough
to allow buying a book using "GET".

Paul