RE: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

WSDL 2.0 should not require identifying the operation name because doing
so will unnecessarily limit the applicability of WSDL 2.0.

R114 mandates that the WSD language define a way to uniquely map, but it
does not mandate that each WSDL document must uniquely map.

The RPC style (http://www.w3.org/2004/03/wsdl/style/rpc) defines a way
to uniquely map and therefore satisfies R114. Nothing else is needed.

--Jeff

On
> Behalf Of Umit Yalcinalp
> Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 7:14 PM
> To: WS Description List
> Subject: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114
>
> Folks,
>
> Below please find my action item completed. (I did not want to receive
> friendly reminders from Jonathan every day during 4th of July ;-)).
>
> Here is my position on the thread started with David [1]. The
questions
> I was trying to answer and my position wrt those are:
>
> (1) should WSDL require identifying the operation name? (yes)
> (2) should WSDL enable identifying the specific mechanism that makes
the
> operation name known? (yes)
> (3) should WSDL provide a way to operation name regardless of the
> mechanism employed? (yes)
> (4) should WSDL define the mechanism of implementation? (no)
>
> This proposal addresses 1, 2 and 3 as an addition to Part 1. My
earlier
> proposals addressed all
> of the above (see [2] and [3]) in the past and there are similar
> elements in my current proposal, but given that there are different
ways
> to do (4) and we will never agree on it, at least I am hoping that we
> agree that we should at least be able to agree to identify them in a
> WSDL document.
> In essence, the proposal below is in the spirit of Hugo's email [4],
but
> also requires that all extensibility mechanisms to be declared in
WSDL.