  From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Prasad Yendluri
  Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 1:51 PM
  To: 'Web Services Description'
  Subject: Re: Optional Extensions

  Hi,

  We should follow the recommendation in section 6.1.1 in the WSDL 2.0 core,
for "mandatory" extensions. If wsdl:required is false, the WSDL processor
MAY ignore them. I mean it could be a configurable option by the user of the
processor, rather than blindly ignoring them always.

  Prasad

  6.1.1 Mandatory extensions
  Extension elements can be marked as mandatory by annotating them with a
wsdl:required attribute information item (see 6.1.2 required attribute
information item) with a value of "true". Mandatory extensions are those
that MUST be processed correctly by the WSDL processor. If a mandatory
extension element is processed, the WSDL processor MUST either agree to
fully abide by all the rules and semantics signaled by the extension
element's qualified name, or immediate cease processing (fault). In
particular, if the WSDL processor does not recognize the qualified name of
the extension element, it MUST fault. If the WSDL processor recognizes the
qualified name, and determines that the extension in question is
incompatible with any other aspect of the document (including other required
extensions), it MUST fault.

  -------- Original Message -------- Subject:  RE: Optional Extensions