Re: Another try at HTTP binding

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 21:15, Roberto Chinnici wrote:
> I'm just thinking aloud here, but wouldn't it be better to keep the
> two bindings in two separate documents? I'm not convinced that there's
> going to be that much overlap in readership, plus that approach
> would allow us to publish them indipendently, thus avoiding delaying
> one binding because of issues with the other.

I'm not convinced that we can dissociate the bindings, especially since
our SOAP 1.2 will use HTTP 1.1. I'd like to see to have something like:

<binding ..>
 <operation ..>
   <http:operation method='get'/>
   <soap:operation pattern='soap-response' />
 </operation>
</binding>

In other words, the SOAP 1.2 binding will rely on the HTTP 1.1 binding.

Philippe