W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > January 2004

Agenda, 22 January 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:20:26 -0800
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA202548DD9@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Jan/0024.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Erik Ackerman, (fallbacks: Igor Sedukhin, Adi Sakala, 
      Arthur Ryman, Prasad Yendluri, Dietmar Gaertner, Tom Jordahl,
      Jeffrey Schlimmer, Philippe Le Hegaret, William Vambenepe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Jan 15th telcon [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0051.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-09-18: Marsh to review the QA operational
                      guidelines.
?         2003-10-09: Bijan to look into message extensibility 
                      Issues (Appendix E, Jacek's review) wrt RDF data, 
                      and discuss with Jacek.
?         2003-11-03: Umit (with help of Glen) will write up a proposal 
                      for normative dispatching feature.
?         2003-11-04: Glen to write up rationale for removing headers 
                      (and?) proposal for a generic header-adding
                      property/feature.
?         2003-01-08: Pauld to write up examples of schemas for the
                      Primer.
DONE [.2] 2003-01-08: JacekK to formulate concrete proposal to remove 
                      style attribute and handle RPC hints using normal 
                      extensibility.
DONE [.3] 2003-01-15: Pauld to revise abstract faults proposal and
submit 
                      to list.
FTF?      2003-01-15: Sanjiva to sketch out changes to abstract model
                      resulting from abstract faults proposal.
?         2003-01-15: Philippe to work up a more formal proposal for 
                      the HTTP binding.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0054.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0064.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTFs
     - January 26-30, Bedford, MA (Sonic) [.1]
       WSArch 26-29(noon)
       WSDesc 28(noon)-30
       First Draft Agenda [.2] (please review)
     - March 3-4, Cannes-Mandelieu, France [.3]
       Joint session with the TAG?
  b. Web Architecture Document [.4, .5] review:
       Volunteers so far: Jacek, Bijan, Jonathan

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2003/12/ws-desc-charter
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0067.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2003/08/allgroupoverview.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0029.html
[.5] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20031209/

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns (dormant)
 c. Attributes (dormant)
 d. QA & Testing
  - Response to comments on QA Spec Guidelines [.2]
  - Implement QA Operational guidelines? [.3]
 e. Joint TF on media type description.
  - mailing list [.4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0074.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0000.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Header/Body style proposal (Yaron) [.2].
  - Simplified Syntax Propoasl (Yaron) [.3].

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl
  (redirects to http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html)
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0069.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0071.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 32: Support for SOAP 1.1 [.1].
  - Omitting from FTF agenda.

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl#x32

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue X: Versioning.
  - Use cases (DavidO) [.1]
  - Requirements (PaulD) [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0070.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0076.html

==================================================================
Following items pending additional input:
------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue #102: Schemas in imported WSDL [.1]
    - Seems to be agreement on the existing behavior as described by
    Gudge and Amy.  Still outstanding: do we add note along the lines
    of Glen's suggestion: put text in the spec to the effect that WSDL
    processors SHOULD make schema namespaces embedded in the <types> 
    sections of imported WSDLs available to their schema processors for
    xs:import where possible.

    Specese sample from Glen [.2].  (FTF)

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0109.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0017.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue #103: Proposal for combining the two attribute operation
styles 
    to one (Jacek) [.1]
    Deferred pending final disposition of attribute styles.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0164.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
  - Jacek's synthesis [.5].
  - Awaiting description from Philippe showing how properties or
    extensions can be used to annotate the WSDL with RESTful 
    properties.  Ask Mark for a definitive list of those properties 
    so we can consider how to associate them with property URIs or 
    namespaces.
  - Marking WSDL operations as "safe" (DaveO/TAG) [.6, .7]

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/ygsl#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0104.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0021.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue #104: Appendix E cleanup [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0136.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Wednesday, 21 January 2004 15:20:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:28 GMT