Re: WSD WG requests to XML Schema WG

From: Jim Murphy <jmurphy@mindreef.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:11:58 -0500 (EST)
To: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>
Cc: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, Matthew Fuchs <matt@westbridgetech.com>, w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org, www-ws-desc@w3.org

Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi folks!
> I believe .NET used to (or maybe still does) *always* ignore the xsi:type
> attribute....

...As it is in JAXB 1.x I believe.  Which seems to make type
substitution a no-go in today's stacks.  At least as far as I can tell.
  What is a WS developer to do?  Anybody know of references to something
like: "XML modeling for Effective and Interoperable Web Services"?  We
get several questions from the field about this sort of thing.

Jim
Mindreef, Inc.