RE: Version attribute for WSDL

At 12:41 PM 2/12/2004, Tom Jordahl wrote:

>David,
>
>We wouldn't say anything like this about the version attribute.
>      "..it has no semantics.."
>
>So David can tell his WSDL consumers that he uses this attribute to indicate
>compatible versions of the same WSDL file.  And I can tell my users that
>version 1 does not equal version 2.  But as WSDL spec authors we don't have
>to take a stand on how this is done.
>
>Isn't that nice?  We don't have to fight about what it means.

and the point of "standardizing" this would be?
(in this case I'm using the word standardize in its loosest most
meaningless sense :-)

jeff

>--
>Tom Jordahl
>Macromedia Server Development

Jeff Mischkinsky                      jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Consulting Member Technical Staff     +1(650)506-1975
Director, Web Services Standards      500 Oracle Parkway M/S 4OP9
Oracle Corporation                    Redwood Shores, CA 94065