Re: Proposed resolution for issue 198

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> The Internet media type system doesn't have a general concept of
> validity, so I'm uncomfortable linking XML Schema validity to
> format-specific constraints in this manner; implementations may
> interpret them in different ways, causing interoperability problems.
>
> A safer approach would be to stay silent on the relationship between
> schema validity and media types, and forcing any errors to the
> application level.

Mark: WSDL 2.0 is silent on what to do when the message does not match
the description. The WSD WG decided that the media types spec should
also stay silent on what happens if the the pattern in the annotation
and the value of the attribute does not match.

I hope that this meets your expectations.

-Anish