Proposed resolution for issue 198

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:37:35 -0700
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org, public-ws-media-types@w3.org
Cc: Umit Yalcinalp <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>

Issue 198 [1] states:
"Mismatch between value of media type attribute and pattern -- says
nothing about the data."

I understand this issue to mean that the 'Assigning Media Types to
Binary Data in XML' document does not say anything about what happens if
the value of the 'contentType' attribute does not match the schema
annotation.

I would like to suggest that we resolve this issue by saying that this
case is no different than the case of a message not conforming with the
schema specified in WSDL for that message.

-Anish
--

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#x198