Re: features and requiredness

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:11:59 +0200
To: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>
Cc: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, Jean-Jacques Moreau <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>, www-ws-desc@w3.org
* Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org> [2004-04-20 16:05+0200]
> I also noted that the pseudo-schemas in Part 1 didn't always show that
> one could use a feature, e.g. for message reference or fault
> reference. I believe that it should be added for all the components
> listed in section 2.7.1.1.
>
> Rereading the Handling Privacy In WSDL 2.0 note, I realized that it
> wrongly states that one couldn't use a feature an a message reference
> or fault reference, which probably comes from reading the
> pseudo-schema.

Actually, I don't think that the 10 November 2003 spec did allow
features on message references, so Handling Privacy In WSDL 2.0 is
correct as it was based on this version, but not in sync with the
latest WSDL 2.0 draft.

I believe that, regarding the pseudo-schemas, we just need to sync
them with the section 2.7.1.1 Feature Composition Model[1] which was
added in the 26 March 2004 draft.

Regards,

Hugo

  1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-20040326/#Feature_composition_model