Issue 54: bind to any HTTP operation

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:43:35 -0700
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

I think it is worthwhile to look at binding messages to any http operation.  I think that the Web method feature of SOAP would be helped by meeting this.

As another example, Atom uses HTTP Delete.  We, or they, will probably want to create an interface with a delete operation and then they will want to bind to HTTP Delete.

By allowing the binding of arbitrary operations to the full set of HTTP operations, I think we can meet these goals.  I think some of the proposals about around adding the http method in the binding of an operation go far to meet this requirement.

cheers,
Dave