RE: Effort to simplifying our spec

Attached are my investigations as well.  I added "click to expand" for
the XML representations (not the mappings) for the first half dozen
components.  Try it out!

My feeling is that this approach raises a lot of questions.  If we
collapse the spec by default, someone who prints the spec might be in
trouble.  Searching and linking to a hidden section is also likewise
complemented.  If we expand by default, the initial reader of the spec
isn't actually helped.  A reader that is investigating, and then
searching, will want a global "collapse all" and "expand all".  These
controls would be most useful if they were sprinkled throughout the spec
(like any place that is collapsed).  All in all, seems like a slippery
road to defining an application - which is much more complicated than a
document.

I don't think the approach represented here is substantially better than
linking to a section containing all the infoset and mapping stuff, if we
even decide to do that.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html#Defi
ni