Re: Summary: 22-24 Sept 2003 WS Desc FTF

From: Amelia A. Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:19:11 -0400
To: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:10:22 -0700
Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com> wrote:

>     ACTION (?): Amy to present credible proof-of-concept bindings for
> multis
>                 at next FTF.

Respectfully decline to do so.

The "multis" are not multicast-related, and I was never a proponent of
them.  I do not, in fact, understand what networking paradigm they are
thought to embody, or who has advocated them.

The "multis" appear to be serial unicast: a trigger message starts a
flow of messages from some other participant, which eventually stops.  I
feel certain that someone has a reason for proposing such patterns, but
it wasn't me, and I don't know what the reason was or is.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis
Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.