RE: On WSDL "operation"

Uhh, the point of the WSD group (and WSA group for that matter) is to move
web services understanding and technology forward, not to rationalize the
current state of what is done with WSDL 1.1.  WSDL 1.2 let's schemas do what
schemas do, humans (or "semantic web" technologies) handle the semantics,
and offers WSDL to describe the bits concerning messages and MEPs that the
others do not.  And if it helps discourage people from equating Web services
with "distributed objects", what's the problem?