Re: is the uniqueness constraint on top level components sufficient?

Looks like I've been out-voted, but let me whether I can explain
why I think we need to put some more clarification. I am *not*
looking for a way to check or test whether QNames are indeed
unique, but it is fully within our purview to say that they
must be. If we say that then someone receiving a WSDL component
QName and resolving it to a component with that name has some
reason to believe they've got the right one: the WSDL spec says
it must be so. If we don't require it, there is no such confidence.

Let's say I'm writing a BPEL thing and want to refer to a WSDL
interface (portType today). BPEL will refer to it by QName, a:foo.
Now "somehow" the BPEL process will find the portType named a:foo
from a WSDL. How does it know it indeed got the "right" one named
a:foo? If the WSDL spec says that there must only be one portType
named a:foo then that provides some confidence that it did indeed
get the right one. Now, the owner of the a: namespace could've
of course screwed up and allowed two a:foo's to exist but that's
that guy's fault. At least the WSDL spec says that's not legal.

The wording we currently have doesn't preclude one from naming
two different interfaces a:foo. What I'd like to do is tighten
that wording so that the spec says that QNames of top level WSDL
components MUST be unique period. I am happy to even add a note
saying "we realize this is not testable and that its totally
up to the owner of the namespace to enforce it."

Anyone crossing over to my camp?

Sanjiva.