RE: proposal for improving <documentation>

[Speaking personally. I just can't keep quiet on this one!]

XSD has xsd:annotation/xsd:appInfo because they don't allow extension
elements in arbitrary spots.  We do, so we can add machine-readable
information anywhere in WSDL.  The extra complexity in the syntax is
therefore completely unnecessary, and not backward compatible with WSDL
1.1.  I have always thought Schema's extensibility model was needlessly
Byzantine and hope we won't make the same mistake.

On