Re: message exchange patterns and # of parties

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:33:19 -0400
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Cc: "Amelia A. Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>

Amy,

On today's teleconference I took an action to ping you to see if you are
satisfied that the wording in the current patterns draft[1] is clear enough
about permitting multicast.  From my earlier message[2]:

[[[[
The patterns document[1] currently says:
[[
Like interfaces and operations, WSDL message patterns do not exhaustively
describe the set of messages exchanged between a service and other nodes;
by some prior agreement, another node and/or the service may send other
messages (to each other or to other nodes) that are not described by the
pattern. For instance, even though a pattern may define a single message
sent from a service to one other node, the Web Service may broadcast that
message to other nodes.
]]

That verbiage seems clear enough to me (i.e., it permits the case you
describe), but maybe that's just because I already know what I think it
should be saying.  Do you think we need to add more clarification to
it?  If so, what would you propose?
]]]]

1. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12-patterns.html
2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0072.html