W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > September 2003

RE: Agenda, 18 September 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:00:03 -0400
Message-ID: <CB1FF0A474AEA84EA0206D5B05F6A4CB043701CF@S1001EXM02.macromedia.com>
To: 'Jonathan Marsh' <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org


It is alas unlikely that I will be able to make this call, since tomorrow is my first day in the office at Sonic.  If I can swing it, I'll be there, though.  Otherwise I'll see you all in California next week.

--Glen

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonathan Marsh [mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 5:00 PM
> To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
> Subject: Agenda, 18 September 2003 WS Desc telcon
> 
> 
> 
> 0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:
> 
> See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents 
> and other
> information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.
> 
> If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
> before the start of the telcon.
> 
> [.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0025.html
> [.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
> [.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> Agenda
> 
> 1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
>       Sandeep Kumar, (fallbacks: Kevin Liu, Roberto Chinnici, 
>       Umit Yalcinalp, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjiva Weerawarana, 
>       Youenn Fablet, William Vambenepe)
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 2.  Welcome new member - Paul Downey, BT
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 3.  Approval of minutes:
>   - Sept 11th telcon [.1].
> 
> [.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0114.html
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 4.  Review of Action items [.1].
> ?         2003-07-31: Philippe to make a proposal for fixing the 
>                       HTTP binding.
> ?         2003-09-04: Phillipe to put the link to WSDL validator 
>                       on the same place where other tools are listed.
> ?         2003-09-04: Jacek to review Appendix E in light of message
>                       removal.
> DONE      2003-09-11: Kevin to check whether there's a room available.
> DONE [.2] 2003-09-11: Sanjiva to take care of the extensibility of
> import
>                       and include.
> DONE [.3] 2003-09-11: Sanjiva to take care about REQUIRED AII explict 
>                       (editorial).
> DONE [.4] 2003-09-11: Jeffsch to record redundant direction 
> info as an 
>                       issue.
> ?         2003-09-11: Philippe to write a response to Mark Baker
> proposing 
>                       a property solution to HTTP verbs and ask 
>                       whether this satisfies his request.
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
> [.2]
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12
> .xsd?conte
> nt-type=application/xml 
> [.3] 
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.html
> 
> [.4] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x87
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 5.  Administrivia
>   a. Sept FTF logistics [.1]. Review draft agenda [.2]
>   b. Upcoming FTFs
>      - November 3-5, San Francisco (Fujitsu)
>      - January, Toronto or Boston
>      - March, March 1-2 or 4-5, Cannes-Mandelieu, France.
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/3/07/f2fSeptLogistics.html
> [.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0120.html
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 6.  Task Force Status.
>  a. Properties and Features (dormant)
>  b. Patterns
>  c. Attributes
>  d. QA & Testing
>   - Response to comments on QA Spec Guidelines [.2]
>   - Implement QA Operational guidelines? [.3]
> 
> [.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html
> [.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0074.html
> [.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 7.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
>   - Question on import (chameleon imports) [.2].  Should we disallow 
>     schemas without a targetNamespace?
>   - Rename "operation" to "messageExchange" (again!?) [.3]
>   - Binding message references in the component model [.4]
>   - Change term "pattern" to "message exchange pattern" [.5]
>     (editorial?)
>   - Adopt WSA terms "service|provider" and "requester" instead of 
>     "server" and "client|consumer"? [.6]
>   - Pattern description precludes Multi-cast? [.7]
> 
> [.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy
>      (Note that [.1] redirects to
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-is
sues.html)
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0079.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0024.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0077.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0061.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0068.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0063.html

====================================================================
8.  Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
  - Jacek's synthesis [.5].
  - Awaiting description from Philippe showing how properties or
extensions
    can be used to annotate the WSDL with RESTful properties.  Ask Mark
    for a definitive list of those properties so we can consider how to
    associate them with property URIs or namespaces.

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Wednesday, 17 September 2003 23:59:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:26 GMT