Re: Normative rpc rules for encodingStyle attribute are missing in Part 1

Umit Yalcinalp wrote:

> Looking at the latest part one doc, I don't see any of the rpc encoding
> rules that we have worked on via email and at the last f2f. For an
> outsider who reads the current document, there is no indication such
> that there is (going to be) an established URI that indicates RPC style
> encoding rules, and the set of rules that the operation (aka
> messageExchange) must adhere to. I thought we decided to add the rules
> and although the encodingStyle is optional, we also decided that the
> (missing) rules, if the value is present, were normative.
>
> Am I missing something or has the spec not included the rules yet?

The rules haven't been included yet. My recollection is that at the
last face-to-face we agreed we'd define them in the spec, but that
what we had at the time wasn't quite polished enough, so that we'd
finalize them at the following face-to-face. I can add an editorial
note before section 2.3.1 saying that we're waiting for the "RPC
encoding style" rules to be defined. How does that sound?

Roberto

--
Roberto Chinnici
Java Web Services