RE: Question on xsd:import

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:11:09 -0700
To: "Roberto Chinnici" <Roberto.Chinnici@Sun.COM>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, "Amelia A. Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>

Roberto,

This text first appeared in wsdl12.xml CVS revision 1.34.2.2 as part of
the types work ( it was subsequently merged into the main branch in
version 1.35 ). It was part of the write up that Amy did, I think. Note
that this ONLY applies to schemas that DO NOT have a target namespace.
It cannot be used to override the namespace of an imported schema
document that DOES have a target namespace. The text essentially means
that all schemas constructs are qualified. I can't remember the
rationale for allowing this, perhaps Amy will have better powers of
recall.

I would note that this text was reviewed as part of the types work in
January 2003 and was agreed by the WG. That said, I don't feel strongly
about it and would be happy for us to open an issue to claridy this
point.

Gudge