Re: message exchange patterns and # of parties

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:32:16 -0400
To: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, "Amelia A. Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

On yesterday's WS Arch WG call, the WG confirmed agreement on the following
terminology for the parties involved in an interaction:

         Terms to Avoid          Terms to Use Instead
         client, consumer        requester
         server                  Web service, service or provider

Maybe we should follow the WSA WG's lead in our documents as well?

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard