The attribute formerly known as "name"

From: Amelia A. Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:19:19 -0400
To: WS Description List <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Dear folks,

As promised, here is a list of suggestions to rename the attribute
"name", when it appears on the elements "input", "output", and "fault".
This list of proposed replacements is in accord with issue 77, which
suggested that this instance of the usage of "name" as an attribute was
not consistent with other usages throughout the specification.

Several proposals for replacement were made on the 4 September
teleconference.  Please respond to this email using preference voting,
indicating your top three preferences (number them 1, 2, and 3, please).
 I'll try to tabulate responses that I receive (either publicly or
off-list) immediately before the teleconference next week.  Note that
you are free to propose an alternative not listed here as well.

role

messageRole

messageType

messageName