Re: What does WSDL describe?

From: Michael Champion <mc@xegesis.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:29:35 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003, at 21:13 America/Detroit, Mark Baker wrote:

> I think you need to re-read my proposal, Sanjiva.  I'm totally
> against renaming too.  I'm saying we need *both* "operation" and
> "exchange".

And the WG members are saying, if I am seeing this correctly from a
distance, that WSDL is not committed to either an "interface/option
model" or a "state exchange model."  Terminology aside, it's just about
messages and interaction patterns; those messages may describe
operations or state exchange, but those semantics are outside the scope
of WSDL.