RE: What does WSDL describe?

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:03:38 -0000
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

HTTP-POST :-)

Mark,

> Nice try, Savas 8-).  What you're describing there is state transfer
> via a uniform interface, with an implicit operation semantically
> equivalent to an explicit HTTP POST.

<while-trying-to-avoid-another-REST-vs-WS-discussion>

I am only describing the exchange of messages and that we can do without
the concept of an operation. It's the conceptual model for web services
that I am talking about and its no-relationship to RPC, procedures,
objects with methods, etc. All these within the concepts of WSA where
you have the additional protocols for adding extra functionality, the
communication protocol independence, modularity, etc.

</while-trying-to-avoid-another-REST-vs-WS-discussion>

> Welcome to the club.  8-)

Do I get a free membership or do I have to pay? :-) I'd rather not join
any particular club, though.

Regards,
.savas.