Re: Can one inline schema import definitions from a second inline schema?

I don't understand.

WS-I prohibited use of wsdl:import to import schema, and requires that
xs:import be inside xs:schema inside wsdl:types (bare xs:import inside
wsdl:types is allowed in wsdl.next).  It prohibits use of any schema
language other than W3C XML Schema, and prohibits import of fragments
(these from Anne Thomas Manes quotes of the WS-I BP).  I was not aware
of a prohibition of imports of embedded schema; could you cite or quote
this requirement?

Amy!
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:42:41 +0100
paul.downey@bt.com wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand how is WSDL 2.0 clearer in this regard than
> WSDL 1.1 ?
>
> My concern is unless the rules are absolutely clear on how to
> reference across in-line schemas, it will require profiling out again
> in 2.0.
>
> I assume the WS-I prohibited importing an in-line schema namespace
> because the 1.1 rules were unclear, not because of some other
> interoperability issue ?
>
> Paul

Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.