Re: Problem with "Fault Replaces Message" rule

Nice point.  We do need to clarify that, *if* the fault message is
generated, and *if* it is to be sent, then the *target node* to which it
is sent MUST (rfc2119) be the same target node that the message it
replaces would otherwise be sent to.

It looks as though the language of the rulesets needs some careful
review.

Amy!
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:48:29 -0700
Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com> wrote:

> In order to mitigate denial of service attacks one does not want to
> REQUIRE that fault messages be sent at all. SOAP was very careful to
> say'generate a fault' rather than 'send a fault message'
>
> Gudge

Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.