Re: proposal for faults

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 22:34:41 +0600
To: "Jeffrey Schlimmer" <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

"Jeffrey Schlimmer" <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com> writes:
> > but requires one to look at the messageRef value
> > to determine the fault direction.
>
> Is this tied to the proposal to bury the information about direction
> behind the pattern URI?

No- not at all. If we select the following syntax:

    <fault messageReference="xs:NCName" details=".."/>

then the in-faultness vs. the out-faultness of this fault
is computed by looking at the value of @messageReference
and the definition of the pattern in play: if that pattern
has this fault reference as inbound then its an in-fault
and vice-versa.

So, this proposal is also not at all tied to the short-cut
syntax proposal.